TRYOUT IDENTIFICATION NUMBER INFORMATION (TIN #)
Stoney Creek has implemented an electronic method again for this year making releases for the tryouts online. It will allow individuals to track their child's status in the comfort of their home.
Every player trying out will be issued a TIN (Tryout Identification Number) at their first Tryout skate. The TIN # is a coded number to identify each player without identifying their name.
TIN NUMBERS WILL BE UPDATED 9AM THE FOLLOWING DAY OF YOUR CHILD'S TRYOUT.
PLEASE DON'T LOOK THE NIGHT BEFORE AS THE UPDATE MAY NOT HAVE BEEN POSTED.
TIN #’s will be randomly assigned to each player at the first tryout. You can view the Tryout list by going to SCMHA website www.scmha.ca and clicking on the REP HOCKEY tab, scrolling down to TEAMS-TRYOUT IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS(TIN#) and click on your child's AGE GROUP which will take you directly to the code page.
The Tryout List page has the TIN # plus all Coach's communication so check back regularly. If your code is not there that means the child has been released and they are to go to A Tryouts. Every player will be guaranteed three skate sessions before being able to be released to next level.
NOTE: TIN numbers will be updated at 9am the following day after practice, please don't look the night after a tryout as it may not be updated.
The TIN # is a coded number to identify each player without identifying their name. Before every tryout, the players who are selected to advance to the next tryout will be posted and identified by the age group and their TIN #.
Please note that the player’s TIN # will remain the same for AA and A tryouts as applicable.
Here are some reasons for using a TIN #:
* Impersonal – emotions aren’t part of the message
* Private – players learn of the good news / bad news surrounded only by their support group rather than their peers
* Convenience – players don’t have to wait in long lines after their tryout session
* Better Decisions – coaches / evaluators can use additional time after each session to more carefully make their selections
* Coaches should make themselves available for feedback after the selection process is completed for a period of two weeks. If a player / parent is unsuccessful in reaching a coach during this two week window they are free to contact the Warriors Organization